I think that my word of the year is going to be balance.

I feel that it is easy for myself to get swept away with a task and it can feel all consuming. Therefore, my goal this year is to instill more balance in my schedule.

In terms of school…

I want to give myself balance with schoolwork, work-work, and personal life. I found that in the past semester doing online learning, it was hard to be able to “leave school”. I felt that every time I would open my laptop to play a game or watch Netflix, I would feel guilty for not doing more reading or homework because school was basically equal to my laptop. I felt the same way when I came home for subbing. So, this year, and hopefully into future years as well, I am going to work towards finding the balance. Where, I work during my allotted work time, and relax afterword. What I think will work well for this is setting myself a consistent schedule.

In terms of screen time….

Lastly, I want to introduce more balance into my time using technology. I want to find balance in my screen time as well. Since we spend so many hours on zoom because of the online nature of school, I want to take more time to be off the computer. So! I have formulated a list of novels that I have been dying to read instead of watching TV in the evenings.

In terms of fresh air…

I want to introduce more balance into my time outside vs inside. Sometimes it feels like I can spend days without really going outdoors, other than to my car, to the store, and back to my house. So, I want to take more time to go for walks outside and really enjoy the mild winter.  Hopefully, we get more snow and then I would love to get outside for exercise like cross country skiing and snowshoeing.